Convoy of Hope is coming to Camden, New Jersey. It will be held on September 19th from 10:00am to 6:00pm at Whitman Park Square, Camden NJ. Convoy of Hope-Camden is a neighborhood partnership between area churches, social, educational, medical agencies and Convoy of Hope, Inc. We are coming together to bring “hope” to families, single parents, underprivileged, unemployed, underemployed and homeless within our community.
This effort will be sponsored by local churches, ministries and organizations in both Camden and Burlington County. The expectation is to serve over 1000-2000 visitors. This partnership will activate approximately 300–400 volunteers who will give our guests a day of “hope” as they are welcomed into a loving, caring environment that will provide:
- Friendship Evangelism-Getting to Know the Community
- Prayer Tents-Praying for individual needs in the community
- One on One Encouragement Sessions
- Kid Zone Ministries-Puppets, Clowns, performances
- Entertainment for Families
- Information/help services for needs such as housing, health, educational, financial and employment services
- Back to School Education Supplies for Children
- Personal Services-Personal Grooming, Family Photos
- Distribution of Food Baskets-4000 lbs. of Food
- Prepared Meals such as hotdogs and snacks
We are asking for those with a loving heart and the opportunity to serve to join us for this special outreach mission. For additional information about the Convoy of Hope please visit their web site at http://www.convoyofhope.org/. We can be reached also by phone at (856)-778-5554 ext. 204.